8 August 2011

Why can't people indicate when driving around a corner??

Why is it so difficult for so many drivers in Hong Kong to use their indicators when making a left turn? Having nearly been run over, yet again, crossing the road here in the  Hong Kong suburb where I live, by someone driving a car, the cost of which could feed a third world nation for probably five years, who obviously thinks they have so much money they can do what they like. It always seems to involve expensive cars.I thought it was an offence under the law to make a turn without indicating? Am I wrong in assuming that? Can anyone put me right on that matter? Or is it a case of only being illegal if you get caught?

8 comments:

  1. It really is no different in Australia, except that it is not limited to expensive cars, but "klunkers" too.
    Oh and why do the so called "professional" drivers insist on tail-gaiting, especially in torrential rain. The Aussie truck drivers should be ashamed of their lethal skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting and true comments, Benj. I well remember driving in Australia with tail gatters and other twits on the road.
    Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait till you meet the B-Doubles
    there is an adventure
    Benj

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but unfortunately, in Australia you need a car. Oh well, I'll just have to get used to them! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's global phenomenon mate.
    Happens here in Turku often too and for some reason guite a few of them drive a Mercedes or Audi :-D
    I think those drivers just have been wanking too much and their wrist is sore...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you Micco. It just pisses me off the number of times I've nearly been run over, and pisses me off even more when I'm trying to walk the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many points are you (and Scotty) actually worth to these drivers anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  8. With a comment like that, I take comfort from the fact that I know you don't drive, Nick!!!

    ReplyDelete